Pronoun is a word which is used to replace a noun to avoid it’s repetition.
वो शब्द जो किसी नाम (noun) के स्थान पर उपयोग हों pronoun कहलाते हैं |
Different types of Pronoun
1. Personal pronoun
These are the words which replace a noun referring to a person (human/animal/thing).
वो शब्द जो किसी मनुष्य , जीव या वस्तु के नाम के स्थान पर उपयोग हों personal pronoun कहलाते हैं |
There are total seven types of personal pronouns
divided in three types:
First Person : the person speaking
Second Person : the person spoken to
Third Person : the person speaking of
1. He is going to visit Delhi
2. I am writing on paper
3. It is raining today
4. They are playing Football
5. She went to the temple
6. You are my best friend
7. There is your purse, take it away
2. Reflexive pronoun
These are the words which direct the action performed by a subject towards the subject itself.
These are made by adding -self and -selves to personal pronouns.
वो शब्द जो किसी action को, उसे पूरा करने वाले subject से जोड़ दे reflexive pronoun कहलाते हैं |
1. He hurt himself.
2. You can drive yourselves.
3. You will hurt yourself.
4. The elephant ran itself.
5. She cares for herself.
6. I will do it myself (emphatic pronoun to emphasize).
3. Reciprocal pronoun
These are the words used to point out mutual relationship such as one-another, each-other.
वो pronoun जो ऐसे दो pronouns से मिलकर बने हों जो आपस में परस्पर संबंध दर्शाते हों |
More than two objects
1. Ram and Lakshman love each other.
2. Commuters should not race with one another.
3. Two nations must maintain harmony with each another.
4. Relative pronoun
It is a word that joins two sentences and refer/relate to the noun coming prior to it in any sentence like “who, which, whom, that, whose..etc. “
वो pronoun जो दो sentences को जोड़े और किसी sentence में अपने से पहले आने वाले noun को refer करे|
1. The book that you lost was very costly.
2. I saw Krishna, who blessed us all.
3. She is the girl, that I told you of.
4. I forgot the the day, that he abused me.
5. She is my sister, who is an artist.
5. Demonstrative pronoun
These are the words used for nouns to point out objects and are always followed by a verb.
वो pronoun जो किसी noun ( वस्तु ) के बारे में बताए |
Object near to the speaker
Object distant from the speaker
1. This is my bag.
2. These are just excuses.
3. That is the Ram Temple.
4. Those cars belong to Mohan.
6. Indefinite pronoun
All these pronouns refer to objects in a general way but do not refer to any specific object.
ये pronoun किसी particular person या object के तरफ संकेत न करके general objects कि बात करते हैं |
Everybody, somebody, nobody, much, all, neither, somebody, either, several, others, each, another, one, none etc.
1. None welcomed Sunita.
2. One or other of them will receive Mohan.
3. Somebody has taken the bicycle.
4. Many of them clicked photographs.
5. Did you ask anybody to open the office?
6. Neither of them will pass the examination?
7. Distributive pronoun
All these pronouns refer to each object in a given sentence one at a time.
ये pronoun एक समय में किसी particular person या object के तरफ संकेत करते हैं |
Either, neither, each, anyone, none etc.
Either, neither, each
More than two objects
Each, anyone, none
1. Each of the girls gets a trophy.
2. Either of them can dance.
3. None of them can jump from the mountain.
4. Neither of his legs is defective.
8. Interrogative pronoun
These are the words used for nouns to ask questions?
इन pronoun का उपयोग प्रशन पूछने के लिए करते हैं |
Who, what, which, whose, whom ?
1. Whom do you like?
2. Who stole the watch?
3. Whose pen is this?
4. Which of these cars you do you like most?